Friday, April 2, 2010

The day after yesterday...

April 2nd. The day after college decisions are sent out to millions of hopeful high school seniors. CU Boulder sent me a nice welcome package, USC was loaded with information for prospective students, Boston College was a classic "congrats" and Yale sent a lovely rejection letter. But none of that matters because I'm going to GEOREGTOWN. The Hilltop. Home of the Hoyas. I can't wait. But after a weekend spent exploring the school, town and dorms, I came to a realization. My closet simply won't fit. Now let me introduce myself. My name is Hillary. I'm a 4th quarter high school senior living in Denver, Colorado. I hate math (Why am I taking an 8th hour Calculus class? Good question), I can't snap my fingers no matter how hard I try (No really, I swear I can't), and I'm a complete and total shopaholic. Pretty typical I suppose, but the amount of clothes I hope to bring to school next year is not. And that apocolyptic problem got me thinking... Welcome to Collegiate Couture, one girl's journey through the end of senior year, the last summer and college with a hefty wardrobe in tow.
I figured I can't be the only one on the planet with this issue (misery loves company right?). If you have any tips, please share them with me. I'm sure I'll figure it out along the way. And as I do so, I'll document it all here. Uncensored. Uncut. Fully couture. Because when you think about it, fashion is what you wear; style is how you live your life. And people, I'm setting out to fashionable live it up in style.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha only you would make this your biggest issue. Maybe try to stop your addiction to H&M? That could be a great first step.

    <3 Maggie

    ReplyDelete