Thursday, May 6, 2010

Christo (not a typo) and Jeanne-Claude

I survived my AP Calculus exam, thank goodness, but I'm on the run the next few days with interviews, more school work, and club stuff so here's just a super quick post to satisfy my blogging needs until I can sit down and really write something. I love modern art (I'm planning to be an Art History major) and here's my latest obsession. Christo and Jeanne-Claude are a married couple whose art, defined as environmental art, is meant to change the way you see the world around you. How? By outfitting nature in hundreds of yards of fabric.
Valley Curtain

Umbrellas

Running Wall

Gates in Central Park

Surrounded Islands


Think of it as you will. I think it's a really cool idea. They raise all the money for the projects by selling sketches and other artwork. Sadly, Jeanne-Claude passed away last year so I'm not sure if Christo will continue with the works. So that's my food for thought of the day. Modern Art. Cool stuff.

5 comments:

  1. pretty cool stuff, glad your exam went well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics. so cool
    Check out my giveaway on my blog
    xx
    Sahi
    http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. amazing pictures. i love it.

    and i have something for you in my blog:D
    come check it out.

    http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love their work! Really amazing large-scale concepts incorporated into nature! It was really sad when Jeanne-Claude passed away. They were so adorable together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved the gates in the park. saw them once, then made my parents drive into the city to see them with me again

    ReplyDelete